Preparing to come
You are warmly welcome as a student at Lund University, Campus Helsingborg! We have collected information that is useful for you when you are preparing for your studies at Lund University. Don't miss the arrival and orientation pages with important information on your first weeks in Helsingborg.
Read your pre-arrival guide
All admitted students are sent a pre-arrival guide before the start of the semester. These guides provide detailed information to help you prepare for your stay in Helsingborg and the answers to most of the questions we receive from students. Please take the time to read the pre-arrival guide.
- International degree/course students Pre-Arrival Guide autumn 2017 (PDF 2.8 MB)
- International exchange students Pre-Arrival Guide autumn 2017 (PDF 1.36 MB)
Important documents to bring
You need to bring your admission results – this is the "notification of selection results" PDF, available from your universityadmissions.se account.
If you are an exchange student you bring your Letter of Acceptance – this letter is sent by your coordinator at Lund University.
You will need your relevant document (either the admission result or letter of acceptance) on Arrival Day, when you check-in, and when taking care of various other practical matters throughout the semester - both at the University and at other agencies and services in Sweden.
If you were conditionally admitted to a Master's programme while still finalising your Bachelor's degree, remember to submit your final transcripts and diploma as soon as you receive them, as well as bringing the documents with you to Sweden.
Other practical preparations:
- Pay your tuition fee invoice (if applicable)
- Find out if you need to apply for a residence permit.
- Find housing - it might be difficult to find housing in Helsingborg and it is your responsibility to find a place to live. Hopefully you will get help by reading our tips.
- Make sure that you have insurance.
- Learn some Swedish before coming to Sweden or sign up to Swedish classes offered once you are in Sweden.
- Make sure that you bring sufficient money to cover your living expenses and, if applicable, your tuition fees in Helsingborg.
Further practical information will be provided upon your arrival, both in the welcome package that you will receive on Arrival Day and at the general information meeting.
If you have any other questions, please contact your programme coordinator, or your exchange coordinator at Lund University.
We look forward to seeing you in Helsingborg soon!